What’s not to like? Avocados. Lime (or lemon) juice. Onions and garlic and salt and pepper. Maybe cilantro. Maybe tomatoes. Tabasco. Maybe cumin and fresh oregano.
Sure, you can buy the little containers of it at the store.
But you can most definitely make it yourself.
And there’s even a hint to tell you how to make sure your avocados are ripe in here, in the outtakes after the credits.
Do you guac?
GUACAMOLE (serves 2-4, depending on how much you eat)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 fresh lime
- 2-3 dashes tabasco sauce, or hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 small handful cilantro, chopped fine
- 5 grape tomatoes, chopped fine
1. Halve, pit, and scoop the avocados into a bowl
2. Squeeze lime juice and tabasco over the avocados. Mash with a potato masher or a fork.
3. Add in onion, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro.
4. Stir together well but gently.
5. Adjust seasonings if needed (this will require tasting. Someone has to do it.)