Summer is for picnics. Picnics and barbecue and lazy afternoons with friends and sandwiches and picnics. Did I mention picnics?
Picnics call for coleslaw.
You've got a few options, of course.
I'd like to help you see that one of them is making it yourself. It's easy, crunchy, and delicious. Yes, you can do it!
- 2 TBS vinegar (not balsamic)
- 3 TBS sour cream
- 5 TBS mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of cabbage (red or green, or a combination)
- 2 carrots, peeled
- Whisk vinegar, sour cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings together in a large bowl.
- Shred cabbage and carrots and add to the bowl.
- Toss to mix, and let sit in a cool place (fridge ideal) for up to a week. YUM!
Try it. You'll love it.