Chicken salad. Pure delicious chunks of chicken, spiced with crunchy celery (or jicama, or radish, or onion, or water chestnut). Seasoned perfectly with mayonnaise (or yogurt) and dijon mustard (or not) and salt and pepper.
So easy. So satisfying.
Make your own today!
CHICKEN SALAD (classic)
(makes enough for 4-8 sandwiches, depending on how piled you like your sandwich!)
2 sticks celery, chopped fine (if you like celery)
- ¼ onion, grated (yes, grated – it makes the onion VERY fine and almost liquidy!)
- 3 TBS mayonnaise or plain yogurt (may need more, depending on how moist the chicken is)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped into rough bite-size pieces
- Mix the vegetables and the mayo and mustard together with the salt and pepper.
- Chop the chicken and add it to the vegetable mixture.
- Stir to combine, adding more mayonnaise or yogurt as needed for the consistency you prefer.
- Chill and eat!