Summer. (okay, end of summer. Still.) Grill season. Sure, veggies chunked and tossed with seasonings and grilled in a grill pan are great.
They're even better when you just throw them on the grill, just like a steak.
Heck, it's not meat. But I'll call it steak anyway!
CAULIFLOWER STEAK (serves 2)
- 1 whole fresh cauliflower, leaves removed and stem trimmed but still intact
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, or other seasoning to taste
- Preheat the grill to high heat, like you would if you were cooking meat
- Slice the cauliflower THICK, leaving the stem on (to help keep it all together)
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill 5-7 minutes a side, until lovely and charred and cooked to perfection.
- Serve with slice of lemon on the side.