The word "dessert" brings to mind gooey, sugary, baked goods. Pies, cakes, cookies. Fruit? How could fruit possibly be dessert?
Ah, just wait. A short spin under a broiler for some pineapple will show you how deliciously easy (and truly decadent) a good fruit dessert can be. 3 ingredients, 10 minutes, and TA-DAA!
What are you waiting for? Transform your definition of dessert today!
- Pineapple (fresh or canned - if you use canned, use the slices, not the chunks, and packed in water, please, not syrup of any kind!)
- brown sugar (about 1/4 c for an entire fresh pineapple)
- crystallized ginger, if you have it (could use fresh too - just don't use too much), chopped into small bits
1. Peel and core fresh pineapple and put in a single layer on a baking pan. A non-stick pan or using parchment paper will help with clean up.
2. Sprinkle with brown sugar and ginger.
3. Broil for about 10 minutes, or until the sugar is browning and the fruit is hot through.
4. Serve with ice cream (vanilla is great; coconut would be sublime)