Because last week when I went to write this post, my internet was squirrelly and then the week disappeared in a poof of intrigue and scandal. (or cat litter scooping and laundry folding. You can decide.)
This first one, last week's masterpiece, showcased my dinner creation on the fly, teaching such basics as "Get inspiration" and "when in doubt, cover it with cheese and throw it in the oven."
This week is less exciting, but definitely more healthy.
Asparagus. Stir fry. Spring. It all comes together in this deliciously simple, deceptively easy way of cooking this unbelievable vegetable.
Trees are budding, the days are getting longer. We're even having thunderstorms. It may only be March 2, but the signs of spring are definitely upon us.
Stir fried asparagus (makes as much as you want)
- vegetable or coconut oil
- garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- soy sauce
- Prep the asparagus. Snap off the tough ends and cut into bite-size pieces
- Heat oil in a large frying pan until very hot (the oil will shimmer and kind of dance in the pan)
- Add asparagus and stir to coat with oil, then cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add in garlic. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds, or until the garlic smells great.
- Dash in 5 dashes of soy sauce (about a tablespoon). This flavors the asparagus and also serves to steam cook it a bit. The asparagus will be done when the soy sauce is evaporated, if not before – taste as you go!
- Turn off the pan and EAT!