Christmas these days is all about the boat. Well, okay, not for the kids - they still have their lists. But for me and Jeremy, anything we purchase is done with an eye to future sailing plans.
This is one gift I didn't think would make it under the tree. Who buys a weird tube-shaped solar cooker on a whim?
Apparently my husband does. And WOW what a gift! I can't wait to play with it, test it, try it out, and learn the vagaries.
This was a good place to start.
STUFFED ARTICHOKE HEARTS (serves 4 as an appetizer)
1 can artichoke hearts packed in water
3/4 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c fresh parsley (flat leaf is best)
2 oz feta cheese (VEGAN ALTERNATIVE: 2 TBS vegan mayo)
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 TBS olive oil
1. Drain artichoke hearts and place in a single layer in a roasting pan
2. Roast or broil until hot.
3. Toast walnuts in oven or in a skillet. Watch carefully - they can burn easily
4. Combine nuts, parsley, garlic, spices, olive oil, and feta cheese in a bowl.
5. Spoon filling onto hot artichoke hearts, then broil for 3-4 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and hot
6. Serve with a fork and prepare for rave reviews!