This Tasty Thursday almost needs nothing else other than this picture, although there is one more dessert featured in the video. My favorite kind of recipe - pure ingredients, treated with ease and respect. No amounts. Just taste. The kind of recipe that makes you realize that you can, indeed, cook.
Oranges with vanilla
- 1-2 oranges per person, peeled and broken into natural segments
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract (or good dark rum)
- Toss ingredients together and enjoy. Amazing as is, with an unexpected warmth of flavor. Sublime when paired with vanilla or coconut ice cream.
- 2-bite size chunks of your favorite melon (cantaloupe and watermelon are mine)
- About 8-15 leaves of fresh mint, depending on the size of the leaves and how minty you like things. And how much melon you have. Cut the leaves into confetti-slivers.
- Toss and enjoy. The mint makes the melon at once sweeter and more refreshing. YUM.