Today is Thursday, so of course it's time for another Tasty Thursday video. This one is extra-special, as it's the premiere episode airing on Charlottesville's online television station, earless rabbit. Watch it there and leave some comments!
7 (or more!) Layer Dip:
Tasty enough with store bought ingredients. Making your own refried beans, guacamole, and salsa puts this into a different category entirely.
- 2+ cups homemade refried beans (or 2 cans, stirred WELL)
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 16 oz container sour cream, stirred well
- 2 cups guacamole, homemade or Wholly Guacamole is a decent brand
- 1 head romaine or 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pint container grape tomatoes, halved (or 3 on-the-vine tomatoes, diced)
- 1 bunch scallions, cleaned and thinly sliced
- Mix refried beans and salsa well, then layer on the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Dollop guac on top; smooth it out for another layer
- Sour cream on top of the guac, evenly layering
- Sprinkle lettuce, then cheese, then tomatoes, then scallions
- ***Optional top layers: olives. Jalopenos. Apples. Cilantro. Red peppers.
CHILL AT LEAST 2 HOURS. Serve with chips